You don't the permission to view this video
- Uses a sliding wedge to move across the waterway, in either a rising or non-rising action.
- Used to completely shut off or open a waterway. Does not control the volume of flow.
- In some models, either opening of a gate valve may face the pressure side of the line, while in others, an arrow indicates the direction of water flow.
- Because they allow the complete passage of water, use on supply lines that are in constant use.
- A Connector Gate Valve uses a union fitting on one side.