You don't the permission to view this video
- Used when a valve must be opened and closed frequently under high water pressure.
- Used to control volume of flow. These valves have two chambers with a partition between them for passage of water that must change course several times from port to port.
- Should not be used in water supply lines for occasional shut-off purposes.
- An angle valve is similar to a globe valve, but has its ports at right angles. Install at a turn in piping to eliminate the necessity of an elbow (this is often preferred to using a globe valve and elbow).
- An angle valve has greater water passage than a globe valve. Since there is only one change in direction of flow, there is less resistance.
- A Connector Globe Valve uses a union fitting on one side.