You don't the permission to view this video
- Most commonly used in steel fittings, but some plastic and copper fittings will be threaded.
- Uses pipe dope or Teflon tape on the threads when joining to prevent leaks and corrosion.
- If the threads are on the interior, the fitting is female. If the threads are on the exterior, the fitting is male.
- IPS means Iron Pipe Size, and also refers to threaded pipe.
- MIP means Male Iron Pipe size. It refers to a male threading that will fit an IPS pipe.
- FIP means Female Iron Pipe size. It refers to a female threading that will fit an IPS pipe.