You don't the permission to view this video
- Also known as a junction box or splice box.
- Used to anchor ceiling fixtures and serves as a junction box where wires can meet and run to other areas of the room.
- They are either 4” octagonal or round shaped, and either 1-1/2” or 2-1/8” deep.
- They also may include adjustable mounting hangers that attach to rafters in the ceiling and allow the box to be placed anywhere between.
- Hangers also provide the short nipple or threaded rod that secures lighting fixtures.