You don't the permission to view this video
- Also known as a fill valve or inlet valve.
- Controls refilling the tank.
- Consists of multiple parts, but is commonly sold as a complete unit. Parts include: upper lever, float rod, lower lever, plunger, valve seat, refill tube, nylon seat, eye screw, body, hush tube, regular shank, shank gasket, lock nut, coupling nut washer, riser pipe and repair shank.
- Older models use a float ball. When repairing them it is best to replace the entire unit instead of trying to repair its parts.
- Newer models eliminate the flat ball and may have an anti-siphon feature that keeps toilet water from backing up into the water lines.