You don't the permission to view this video
- Used in low-voltage control, alarm and communication systems. Most common types are braided, twisted and plastic-jacketed types. All three use solid copper conductors and are twisted and insulated with plastic.
- Although thermostat cable is low voltage, it carries an UL-listing for being flame-retardant, since it is installed in the wall. Wiring used in security alarm and smoke detection systems must be UL-listed.
- Twisted cable, which has no outer braid, is used in doorbells, burglar alarms, intercom telephones and public address systems.
- Braided cable is covered with cotton braid and is used primarily in thermostat controls and other low-voltage, remote control circuits.
- Plastic-jacketed cable is also used in similar low-voltage applications.
- No related posts found.