You don't the permission to view this video
- Consists of a flat panel of various woven synthetics.
- Considered permanent because homeowners can rinse it free of particles and reuse it.
- Should be rinsed every 30 days. Filter usually lasts 5-6 years.
- Some brands have an anti-microbial agent that inhibits growth of mold, mildew, bacteria and fungi in the filter.
- An electrostatic charge develops as air passes through the filter. The charge, however, varies with humidity and the furnace or A/C blowing cycles. This means some particles may fall off the filter, pass through it and re-enter the air stream.