You don't the permission to view this video
- Used to house fluorescent lamps, and can be rectangular or round.
- The rapid start type has a starter (a small aluminum barrel that is a type of automatic switch) and ballast in one piece and turns on the instant the switch is flipped.
- The starter type has a small ballast and a starter and will flicker for a moment before turning fully on.
- The instant type turns on after a momentary pause.
- Fluorescent lights are less expensive to operate than incandescent, and most of the parts are replaceable.