You don't the permission to view this video
- More portable than a cabinet table saw, but bulky and originally intended for temporary use at a jobsite.
- Has a circular saw blade extending up through a slot on a flat table. Motor and drive mechanism is located under the table.
- Blade can be raised, lowered or tilted depending on the cut needed.
- Used for ripping large pieces of wood.
- Power of the saw’s motor determines the thickness of material that can be cut and how efficiently the saw will perform.
- To operate, the material is fed onto the blade, unlike the miter saw where the blade moves across the material.
- Rip fence capacity is important for determining a saw’s quality. The rip fence mounts on the table and adjusts to guide the material being cut.
- A common accessory is a miter gauge that allows angled cuts.
- Typical sizes are 1-1/2 to 3 hp.
- No related posts found.