You don't the permission to view this video
- A popular accessory item. It should be used before painting on any glossy surface.
- Uses include removing grime and sludge prior to refinishing, preparing new surfaces, removing old coatings on raw wood and for application in between coats of enamel, paint, shellac or varnish.
- Also removes paint from glass, furniture, tile and other surfaces.
- Comes in grades ranging from fine to coarse.
- More water-based strippers and finishes have led to a man-made synthetic steel wool product. This product will not cause spotting in wood, as standard steel wool can when used with water-based finishes.
- Bronze wool is a popular alternative to steel wool.