You don't the permission to view this video
- Also called a wood scraper.
- Removes old finishes and smooths the surface with its sharp cutting blade.
- Often used with paint strippers and other chemical removers
- Can either have a fixed blade like a putty knife (generally called a wall scraper) or a replaceable blade.
- Sizes range from the 1" blade—primarily used for small, hard-to-reach areas—to a 5" blade.
- Replaceable blades are usually made from tempered, high-carbon steel. Some have carbide or even diamond-honed blades for greater cutting ability and durability.
- Contour scrapers can accommodate a variety of blades for removing materials on rounded surfaces and in grooves.