You don't the permission to view this video
- One type is made of foil and poly to trap air between the sheets of foil, generally using bubble pack.
- A second type expands when installed between stud spaces. The resistance to heat flow depends on the heat flow direction. This type of insulation is most effective in reducing downward heat flow.
- Comes in long rolls of various widths.
- May be used in conjunction with many different building materials and cut to fit any shape.
- Typically installed between roof rafters, floor joists or wall studs.
- When a single reflective surface is used alone and faces an open space such as an attic, then it is called a radiant barrier.